Our Firm is founded on the belief that excellent client service comes from investing our time knowing our clients and their needs, goals and challenges. We work extremely hard to deliver a customized professional service. At Caballero & Associates, our goal is to be your firm of choice – the first firm in your mind when you think of an accounting firm!
Highest Quality; Consistent Delivery
We do not sell products or services.
We sell quality. Quality is at the heart of what we offer. We adhere to the highest standards of professional excellence. We realize the demands of the profession and of our clients and so we hold ourselves accountable to the strictest benchmarks of quality. We strive for a consistent delivery of satisfaction in each step of our service, regardless of how big or small, from picking up the phone to answer your typical inquiries to tackling your most complicated challenges, we make sure that a quality of the highest caliber is delivered to you.
Small firm with a global insight
We take pride in being a small firm because that means we treat all of our clients as if they are our only client. We have experience in both public and private (industry) accounting. Our owner has previously worked in two of the “Big 4” accounting firms. When you engage our firm, our promise is the closeness of a small firm and high technical competency in accounting, tax and business perspectives.
Focus on you
Each client is different. Clients go to accounting firms for a whole host of different reasons. While we serve all our clients with equal distinction, we endeavor to make each service delivery truly unique to match your specific needs. One of our core principles is that the only way to exceed your expectations is to know and focus on you.
An Immigrant’s Story
From his humble beginnings in Nueva Ecija, Philippines, Alvin migrated to the United States to pursue his dream of making a living in the land of unlimited opportunities.
Alvin Caballero started his accounting career before graduating college. As a financially struggling student, he served as the bookkeeper and tax preparer for a small business while pursuing his accounting degree. He also tutored accounting students and served as financial consultant for businesses students on their business cases. Alvin graduated Magna Cum Laude and Class Valedictorian from his Alma Mater – Polytechnic University of the Philippines.
Alvin has a great deal of experience in public accounting and industry practice.He brings well-thought solutions to his clients for their tax and accounting problems. Alvin’s attention to detail and recognition of each client’s specific circumstances bring personalized professional service for each of his clients.
Alvin previously worked for the world’s biggest accounting firms (Audit Manager at Deloitte and Audit Associate at Ernst &Young) serving audit clients in various industries (oil and gas, public utilities, technology, private equity and insurance). He also worked for a small firm with a focus on not-for-profit organizations, small businesses and individuals. In addition to his public accounting background, Alvin was the controller for a manufacturing company.
Education and certifications
• Certified Public Accountant —New Jersey, New York and the Philippines
• Recipient of Elijah Watt Sells Award for garnering one of the top ten cumulative scores in the US CPA exams.
• Third placer, Philippine CPA Board Examinations
• Certified Internal Auditor
• QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor
• Polytechnic University of the Philippines – Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy (Magna Cum Laude)
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• New Jersey State Society of Certified Public Accountants
• The Institute of Internal Auditors
• Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Audit Associate, Sycip Gorres Velayo & Co.,
- CPAs (Ernst & Young - Philippines)
- Accountant, Black River Companies (Port Huron, Michigan)
- Senior Auditor, AF Paredes & Co., CPAs (Piscataway, New Jersey)
- Audit Manager, Deloitte (Parsippany, New Jersey)