An Immigrant’s Story
From his humble beginnings in Nueva Ecija, Philippines, Alvin migrated to the United States to pursue his dream of making a living in the land of unlimited opportunities.
Alvin Caballero started his accounting career before graduating college. As a financially struggling student, he served as the bookkeeper and tax preparer for a small business while pursuing his accounting degree. He also tutored accounting students and served as financial consultant for businesses students on their business cases. Alvin graduated Magna Cum Laude and Class Valedictorian from his Alma Mater – Polytechnic University of the Philippines.
Alvin has a great deal of experience in public accounting and industry practice.He brings well-thought solutions to his clients for their tax and accounting problems. Alvin’s attention to detail and recognition of each client’s specific circumstances bring personalized professional service for each of his clients.
Alvin previously worked for the world’s biggest accounting firms (Audit Manager at Deloitte and Audit Associate at Ernst &Young) serving audit clients in various industries (oil and gas, public utilities, technology, private equity and insurance). He also worked for a small firm with a focus on not-for-profit organizations, small businesses and individuals. In addition to his public accounting background, Alvin was the controller for a small manufacturing company.
Education and certifications
• Certified Public Accountant —New Jersey, New York and the Philippines
• Recipient of Elijah Watt Sells Award for garnering one of the top ten cumulative scores in the US CPA exams.
• Third placer, Philippine CPA Board Examinations
• Certified Internal Auditor
• QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor
• Polytechnic University of the Philippines – Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy (Magna Cum Laude)
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• New Jersey State Society of Certified Public Accountants
• The Institute of Internal Auditors
• Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Audit Associate, Sycip Gorres Velayo & Co.,
- CPAs (Ernst & Young - Philippines)
- Accountant, Black River Companies (Port Huron, Michigan)
- Senior Auditor, AF Paredes & Co., CPAs (Piscataway, New Jersey)
- Audit Manager, Deloitte (Parsippany, New Jersey)